3.21.2013

Seattle Trip!

We went to Seattle this last weekend to take Jocelyn over and experience the Zoo and all that Seattle has to offer. Well it was a whirl wind vacation, parts were amazing and parts made me question bringing Jocelyn. She was the perfect angel in the car ride though which was by far what I was the most afraid of.

It was the least “vacation like” trip I've been on. We were up by 8am and in bed by 9pm. It was all worth it though getting to see the looks on her face at the zoo/aquarium/science center. She had an absolute blast and was quite the trooper with no nap time. I even look back and think how nice it was to be out and about early in the morning and experience that part of a big city. I am normally the person crawling out of my hotel bed at 10 or 11 am so getting out to grab that early morning coffee and breakfast was a new experience for me. Saturday morning Zach woke up with Jocelyn around 7am and went off in search of a smaller stroller and I got to “sleep in” until 9am.

Zach and Jocelyn time enjoying yummy freshly made juice

All of you that know me KNOW I do NOT consider that sleeping in ha. The best part of the vacation was the Kids Science museum. Jocelyn absolutely loved it and it was over the top when it came to all of the interactive things you can do. She may not have understood the meaning behind some of the things but she loved it all. They had a butterfly room that was just amazing.

Surprisingly Jocelyn really took to the ocean while we were there. She would want to go and look at it multiple times a day. It was almost like she just wanted to convince herself that it was still there. We would walk up to the pier and she would spend less than 30 seconds looking out at it with the huge cargo ships and ferries and then she would be fine to move on, but every couple of hours she would want to go back and check on it. Just make sure it was still there. My biggest regret was not going on the huge Ferris wheel they put in place last year. It is right on the ocean and I know Jocelyn would have just loved it, but we kept forgetting.
The aquarium was fantastic and Jocelyn loved looking at all the bright fish tanks. She wasn’t keen on the otters and sea critters, but she would have sat and stared at the fish tanks all day.

The zoo was an experience we held off going until Sunday morning and that was a smart call. It was the only day that was blue skies. Jocelyn Zach and I got to start off the Zoo feeding some penguins which was awesome. I think Zach liked that the most, he is quite fond of penguins. The monkeys were Jocelyn’s favorite and by monkeys I mean Gorillas. Anything that even remotely looked like a monkey was a monkey in Jocelyn’s mind. Every time I tried to let her know they were Gorillas not monkeys she looked at me like I was stupid and I think I may have seen an eye roll or two ha.

Feeding the penguins so much fun!

We went through the North West section and all Zach could talk about while looking at the bears and Elk were wanting to shoot them...I swear the looks on some of the people's faces that were overhearing was PRICELESS.

Overall it was a fantastic trip I think Zach’s highlight was figuring out he can pull off that o so popular pastel look. O joys…



OOOO btw Yes I completely know there is nothing in here about my engagement teeheehe I am writing that post as well, but figured it deserved its own title.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT PICS!! I remember when Zach was that age and had the look of wonder as he viewed something for the FIRST TIME! He was about 1 year old when his dad was stationed in Puerto Rico. I flew down with Zach and we spent a month. Doug and a friend were into scuba diving and we would join his buddy's wife and little girl on the beach and play in the surf. Zach would run DIRECTLY into the ocean and stand there waiting for the next wave to come rolling in to get him!! He would squeal (sometimes cry when getting tossed over) but he wanted to do that over and over!! He wore me out! LOL

    I know Jocelyn is old enough that she will remember this special weekend trip! It was really special in that you got engaged and Zach wanted her to be part of it!!

    Love you guys!!

    Grandma Linda

    ReplyDelete