2.16.2013

Phantom Hair

Yesterday I had my hair appointment with the amazing Ashley Sampson. On a side bar her very own Salon opens in April off of Ironwood and will be amazing so everyone keep an eye out for Embellish Salon. All in all we ended chopping off about 15-16 inches and watched my neck snap up after the first cut of 12 inches. I have had my hair super long since middle school. I cut my hair to my shoulders in 6th grade and it look horrible! It scared me for the next 10 years and I have finally gotten up the nerve to cut it short again. We started with a pony tail around 12 inches that I would be able to donate to Locks of Love. When she cut the pony tail my neck literally snapped forward and my neck had a ridiculous spasm. That's about the time I went into a minor shock haha that I don't think has quite worn off hours later. Its been well over 12 hours and I still find myself trying to grab my long hair...I have a feeling that will take some time getting used to. What I am beyond excited for though is to finally be able to style my hair more. Not that I have any idea what I am doing, I don't even own most of the products needed to do any styling. Nor do I own a curling iron. I do own a straightener, but I think I spent about $20 on it and have only ever used it for doing my bangs. It is going to be quite the journey for me to learn how to do my own hair because I can truly admit I know NOTHING It's like I am a 10 yr old girl attempting to learn how to do hair for the first time hahaha.

Man my hair just didn't seem that long!!!

Ashley did an amazing job and even curled my hair slowly so I could try and pay attention to how she was doing it.


The weirdest thing about this entire experience is I swear my neck still thinks I have long hair. It is pulling Phantom hair hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment